Tesla promises their superchargers are fast and can charge the car within 20 minutes. In a perfect situation, it would take 20 minutes to charge your Tesla EV to 80% capacity. Every time, I have been to 150kW Tesla Superchargers, it is always more than 20 minutes; for me it is around 30-35 min for every charge. But how do you kill your time while charging your EV? Below are my top 7 things I do while charging my Tesla at Tesla superchargers.
7 things to do
- Eat the Food: This is the habit of the most Tesla owners. Tesla superchargers are conveniently located near food places with easy access. You can enjoy the hot, yummy food while supercharging your Tesla. Average person takes about 15 min to finish their food which is in time while your Tesla EV finishes charging. Make sure to not to spill over and food or drink in your Tesla.
- Read Book: Screen times with our techs are increasing every day, take some time off to indulge in book reading. Book reading should be done while charging your Tesla and not while autopiloting your Tesla.
- Call Friends and family: Take some time from your busy schedule and schedule a time to call your friend or family. But when you call, make sure to not turn off so it doesn’t use Tesla in-built system; instead use your phone for a call. Calling someone you haven’t heard in the longest time, might brighten their day.
- Go for a walk: You can leave your Tesla charging and go for a quick walk or a jog. More and more Tesla owners preferred to go for a walk while leaving their Tesla is getting charged. Just FYI, when you lock the Tesla while it is charging; it is almost impossible for any random person to unplug the charging. Of course, you can also leave Sentry mode on while charging the Tesla.
- Check out new Tesla Tech: Tesla is releasing new updates every now and then. You can review the latest updates and check out what it offers. Additionally, you can also visit Tesla shop to check out any new accessories that might be helpful for your daily needs.
- Take a nap: Adjust your profile setting, so you can adjust your sit all the way back to take a quick power nap. For additional comfort, you can keep a pillow and blanket in the car. Tesla is most secure vehicle there is, you can have your Tesla record the surroundings if someone were to harm you or your car while taking a nap.
- Do your work: You can carry your laptop with you in the car and do your work. If you’re a YouTuber or a blog writer; you can do additional work while waiting for your Tesla to charge.
There are lots of things to do while charging your Tesla at Superchargers. You can precondition the battery 20 min before reaching the desired Tesla Charging location to speed up the charging, but above are my top 7 things to do while waiting at Superchargers; going for a walk tops the list.